Sensory Immersion Benefits
The Sensorium is a sensory immersion experience that offers clients an opportunity to enter a heightened state of awareness. It synchronizes therapeutic tactile, aural, olfactory, and visual stimuli. Ultra low frequencies massage the muscles, organs, and deep tissues of the body. The Sensorium is a fusion of high technology innovations and ancient healing techniques that facilitates physical, emotional and spiritual healing.
1. The Limbic System is signaled to return to a calm state, and over time helps the body to become better at self-regulation and more resilient to stressors.
2. The Relaxation Response is activated, which creates a cascade of positive physical and emotional health benefits.
3. The heart rate slows and heart rate variability (HRV) improves, which is an indicator of stress resilience.
4. Blood pressure lowers, which reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack.
5. Muscles relax, which in turn can reduce pain from tension and spasms.
6. Pain lessens through a combination of increased relaxation and an increase of “happy” hormones.
7. Circulation increases, which nourishes the cells and organs.
Kep Taiz is an inventor, artist, musician, and pioneer in the field of sensory therapy. His intrigue with heightened states of awareness led to the creation of Sensorium. Taiz has a fascination with lightning and the sense of awe felt while immersed in the sound, light, and smells of a desert thunderstorm.
sen-sorium (plural: sensoria) From the Latin sensus, or “faculty of perceiving”:
The mind’s experience of changing environments-- both through the body directly, such as sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste-- but also more phenomenally, such as perception,
cognition, intelligence, and spiritual insight.